Welcome to my  blog: Introspection!

As much time in my studio is spent on thinking about and looking at art as there is on painting. Here I'll write about some of the things that pass my mind during those hours, or the inspiration that makes me grab the brush .

Be sure to visit my Studio Storage blog too, where I sell some of my earlier paintings at (very) low prices.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Back to painting




After all the busy weeks preparing the opening of the show with Rebecca Crowell's paintings, it was now time to go back to painting. After all, this is also my studio, not only a gallery.
The tables that served as a wine bar were put back to working positions, the big easel was rolled back in, the palette table was allowed back in from it's hiding place and when the pots with turps were opened and the familiar fragrance filled the studio I was back on track again.

What a luxury to paint in a gallery! I'm surrounded by Rebecca's softly glowing paintings and whenever I allow myself a tea and/or contemplation break there is all this art to look at. It was raining all day yesterday and cold and unfortunately that meant that no visitors stopped by.

Having been distracted by all the show related work it took me some time to decide on what paintings to continue, I had several in progress. Wednesday I worked on a large abstracted painting, yesterday I took out the two landscapes that were inspired by the landscape near the Mississippi valley in Wisconsin where I spent several wonderful weekends last summer. I loved the green grasslands on the planes there, grass waving in the wind under warm summery clouds. These two paintings depict a moment where first you see only a small triangle of a yellow field pop up, coming closer it unfolds into a full size triangle.
When I left yesterday it felt like they were done, let's see what they tell me today when I come in....

2 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

Good luck with this show and thanks for sharing it.
I "tagged" you at my blog post yesterday.

Marina Broere said...

I noticed that, it brought me extra visitors to my blog for which I thank you!