Welcome to my  blog: Introspection!

As much time in my studio is spent on thinking about and looking at art as there is on painting. Here I'll write about some of the things that pass my mind during those hours, or the inspiration that makes me grab the brush .

Be sure to visit my Studio Storage blog too, where I sell some of my earlier paintings at (very) low prices.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Almost Opening Time!







It's almost done, all the paintings are hanging, clutter has been removed, floor sweeped, wine chilled, a couple more hours and we are ready to open the doors on Rebecca's show.



Of course there are a few more things we need to take care of, put the inlay on the sandwich board that goes outside, glue the letters of the new name on the door but I trust we'll get it done in time.






Here are a few installation views that will give you an idea of how things are looking. I love how the off-black floors work, especially when the sun comes in and paints a graphic design of light and shadow.

2 comments:

Rebecca Crowell said...

I'm back home after the opening--and say thank you, thank you for all the wonderful things you did that made it a success.

I predict a fine future for Polderland Gallery...such a beautiful space, and may I add, very professionally run! I'm honored to have my work there.

Marina Broere said...

Speaking of tearing up........