Welcome to my  blog: Introspection!

As much time in my studio is spent on thinking about and looking at art as there is on painting. Here I'll write about some of the things that pass my mind during those hours, or the inspiration that makes me grab the brush .

Be sure to visit my Studio Storage blog too, where I sell some of my earlier paintings at (very) low prices.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

summer show at gallery jaja

The last weeks I have devided my time over work in the garden, enjoying the warm weather and all that grows and blossoms, and painting in the studio, where at these temperatures it tends to be on the hot side as I am on the 4th floor under a flat black roof. By two in the afternoon it's like having radiant heat but then from the ceiling!
A good reason to keep a summer schedule with lots of outdoor breaks.
In the mean time 6 of my landscapes are on show at galerie jaja in Amsterdam, Holland, together with the intriguing work of late artist Leonie Cohen. The show will run all the way through August and it's worth the stop if you are in Amsterdam. Located in the historic Kerkstraat, the gallery is a very interesting example of integrating modern updates in a centuries old house.
The Kerkstraat and surrounding Utrechtsestraat are chokfull of interesting stores, cafe's and restaurants. It's close to both theater Carre and the Music theater a.k.a Stopera; a selfmade Dutch word that contains Stadhuis (City hall) as well as Opera.
And......all in walking distance!

No comments: